Friday, June 1, 2012

Venice of the North

I didn't know that Amsterdam is known as "The Venice of the North". After the 4 hr tour I just took, I completely understand. The city is incredible because of not only its architecture but also the canal system. There are even homes right on the canals. One day I want to travel here for a longer period of time. Since I wasn't with anyone for the tour, I found myself taking pictures of myself in front of windmills and bridges; needless to say, I felt ridiculous. Also, I'm sure you already know but the Europeans make so much fun of America, its pretty funny. Also also, I past by a coffee shop with a marijuana plant in the window. The drinking age is 18. That is all I have to say on that.

I'll be including pictures later, simply because I don't want to be fumbling around with cords and such in the middle of the airport. Oh yeah, I'm in the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. It's also unsurprisingly beautiful. Honestly, Europe is consistently putting America to shame thus far. But I love my country. and my tribal scarf.

When I was going through customs before and after my tour around Amsterdam, I liked listening to sentimental music on my ipod. Then I would look around at everyone saying good bye to their loved ones--  I was putting a soundtrack to their special moment. It made me feel giddy. It made me smile.

4 comments:

  1. i hope first day of my life came on :) glad you enjoyed the hamster dam. sounds like your pops really set you up for an enjoyable tour. picturespicturespicturess

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love the bit about soundtracking real life. and i can't wait to see all your selfies.

    (p.s. this is chelsea btw. make fun of my inactive AIM s/n as you please. i couldn't comment as anything else.)

    muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. venice beach marijuana dispensary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. magic mushrooms for sale

    ReplyDelete